HydraFacial Treatment: The Latest Beauty Technology
HydraFacial is an innovation developed by Edge System, an American company that is well established in the global cosmetics industry. Innovative technology is integrated into the five basic steps and three additional therapies that are available for different facial areas and problems. A HydraFacial helps to deal with a wide variety of skin issues including hydration, acne, rosacea, fine lines, sunburn, pigment stains or irregular tanning, oily skin and large pores. It works with a gentle approach, vacuuming out pores while simultaneously pushing in potent active ingredients that moisturise, protect and improve the skin. The machine's handpiece has spiralised treatment tips equipped with "vortex technology" that enables the treatment. The ingredients used include an anti-inflammatory, red algae extract, glycerine, low molecular hyaluronic acid, mineral peptides, Mirt extract, Mucor Miehei Extract, Arnica Montana and extract from the Chinese camel leaf.
5 Steps of the HydraFacial Procedure
- Exfoliation - The dead cells are cleaned without the use of abrasive particles. The ingredients of HydraFacial's serum for exfoliation are lactic acid, which moisturises, flattens and lightens the skin. Urea is another revolutionary ingredient of the Activ-4 serum along with glucosamine, yeast extract, extract of algae containing 18 amino acids. The vacuum improves skin tone, which creates the effect of lifting the skin as well as improving microcirculation and lymphatic drainage.
- Chemical Peeling - Cleansing with chemical peels is a type of preparation that releases dirt from pores, softening and expanding pores without the skin being injured. HydraFacial chemical peel is available in three different versions, being soft, moderate or intense, which are used depending on skin problems and the desired effect. These preparations are a mix of glycolic acid and salicylic acid. By means of a special nozzle, the liquid is applied to the skin and at the same time excess is removed, so that skin is protected from burning.
- Extraction - The HydraFacial deepest clean is the extraction of blackheads, also known as comedones. At the same time, a HydraFacial can also regulate sebum. The beta-hd serum has an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action which penetrates deeply into the skin and dissolves the dirt thanks to the HydraFacial vortex technology, which works like a mini tornado sucking up the dirt so that pores remain clean and the serum can penetrate deeply. The serums contain honey extract which promotes hydration and enhances anti-bacterial protection as well as Spiraea Ulmaria flower extract, which soothes and smooths the skin.
- Regeneration - Depending on the problem being treated, regeneration can include treatment to smooth wrinkles. This is done using a special peptide Dermabild, which is a cocktail that stimulates cells into producing collagen. Britenol is a more recent product now available to remove pigmentary and age spots. This clinically tested formula has been proven to deal with this problem safely and effectively without the use of hydroquinone or kojic acid. Britenol contains alpha-arbutin and extracts of grapes to improve a clear complexion and reduce age spots as well as vitamin C and antioxidants such as horse chestnut seed, extracts of Arnica and Green Tea all of which fight free radicals. Dermabild uses peptides to hydrate, smooth and soften the skin.
- Hydration - Using a different nozzle, the HydraFacial system can maintain the results achieved with the help of antioxidants and hyaluronic acid. The result is clean, smooth, hydrated and radiant skin because the serum includes wild horse chestnut extract which acts as an anti-inflammatory whilst also strengthening capillaries. Extract of red algae holds 74 useful trace elements, which with peptides stimulate the production of collagen and elastin and help prevent fine lines. Skin is hydrated and moisturised by glycerine. Extract from Mirta is one of the most powerful classes of antioxidants, being about twenty times stronger than vitamin C and up to fifty times stronger than vitamin E. Mucor Miehei extract helps simulate skin exfoliation processes. Arnica Montana has an anti-inflammatory effect, and Chinese Camellia leaf extract has strong antioxidant properties, as well as acting to moisturise, soothe and improve skin colour.